Rachel Kay-Shuttleworth wanted to keep traditional textile skills alive and used her textile collection at Gawthorpe Hall “to show people how”. Join in our artist-led workshops and learn textile skills inspired by the textiles Rachel made and collected from around the world.
Free Family Workshops at The Picture House Gallery
These are free drop-in sessions with artist Haesel Abbott, from 10.30am-3pm. Materials and refreshments included. Family workshops, everyone welcome. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
- Saturday 11th May – Kantha Embroidery
- Saturday 22nd June – Berlin Woolwork Embroidery
- Saturday 20th July – Cross-Stitch Embroidery
- Saturday 24th August – Rag-Rugging
- Saturday 14th September – Embroidered Ticking Sampler
- Saturday 12th October – Embroidered Bandana
Workshops held in Padiham town centre at:
The Picture House Gallery,
4, 6 & 8 Burnley Road,
With artist Elnaz Yazdani. Booking essential. Sessions from 12-3pm. Materials included. Adults only (16+).
- Saturday 27th July – Contemporary Embroidery – £10
- Saturday 21st September – Goldwork Embroidery – £20
- Saturday 16th October – Experimental Goldwork Embroidery – £20
Workshops held at:
BB12 8UA (SatNav BB12 8SD)
For more information and to book visit gawthorpetextiles.org.uk/events or call 01282 773963 (Weds and Thurs)